Related problem: Different Wallpapers for Different Workspaces?

Todd Slater dontodd at columbus.rr.com
Fri Jul 11 00:42:26 CEST 2003

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:56:05 -0700 (PDT)
Ric <fhj52ads at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Olivier:
>
> Thanks for the info. I guess the good news is that since it writes on
> top of the root window, it will not be that hard to get it to write
> different pics for different workspaces. :)
>
> --- Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> > ...as for the fix, simple, don't run xfdesktop
>
> If I do not run xfdesktop, that also kills the (root window) menu(s)
> which I like - even more since MenuMaker adds its bits to them.
> I now have no clickable desktop.   :(
> ( I knew that would happen but I tried it anyway. )
>
> I ran xfdesktop to restore the menus, etc.  and it did just what you
> said -wrote over the  chbg  controlled root window.
>
> Any other way around it and still be able use xfdesktop menus, etc.
> _and_  chbg or other bg programs?

Try deskmenu. I use it with Oroborus (that's where I found out about it)
and in the recent MenuMaker I noted it support deskmenu.

http://www.oroborus.org/?node=Download

HTH,
Todd

violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause,
supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place
to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.