Related problem: Different Wallpapers for Different Workspaces?

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 23:56:05 CEST 2003

Hi Olivier:

Thanks for the info. I guess the good news is that since it writes on
top of the root window, it will not be that hard to get it to write
different pics for different workspaces. :)

--- Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> ...as for the fix, simple, don't run xfdesktop

If I do not run xfdesktop, that also kills the (root window) menu(s)
which I like - even more since MenuMaker adds its bits to them.
I now have no clickable desktop.   :(
( I knew that would happen but I tried it anyway. )

I ran xfdesktop to restore the menus, etc.  and it did just what you
said -wrote over the  chbg  controlled root window.

Any other way around it and still be able use xfdesktop menus, etc.
_and_  chbg or other bg programs?

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric