XFcalendar 0.1.2

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Wed Jul 9 14:51:25 CEST 2003

El mi? 09-07-2003 a las 02:22, Mickael Graf escribió:
> edscott wilson garcia wrote:
>   > I very much like the image with the "January 12 Monday" date. It would
> > be real cool if that image, but with the appropriate date (locale
> > dependent) would be displayed in the appointment box.
> > Yes, I know it's not easy, having to create a gdk image and use freetype
> > to draw the texts so I'll shut up now. :-)
> Well, I thought to draw a bell for the reminder window, but I have no
> clue on how to draw a picture dynamically. But couldn't it add some
> *bloat* to XFCalendar ?

Not much bloat at all if you look at it like this: define two graphic
contexts, one red, another black. Define the appropriate font and size
for each. And draw the texts into a pixmap where the blank page has
previously been copied.
The tough part is to get the right font for each specific machine and
compute the correct position for a centered text. A computer where
100dpi comes before 75dpi would not be the same.

I think a panel plugin which displayed the date in this fashion would
also be nice and it could also be used for xfcalendar. I don't exactly
have time to do it, but I think it would be fun.

regards

Edscott