spec.in PATCHES(was: Re: Release Team: XFce4 SRPM suggestions)

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 02:24:21 CEST 2003

Hi Olivier:
Hi everybody:

Hope you (all) have had a good day.  When I first read this
reply from you, I thought ' How nice that the 'boss' took
time to respond - and positively, too! '
Since getting CVS a few days ago and seeing that the
"Release Team" has not made any changes to the  *.spec.in
files, I re-read this and' ultimately decided that  " Good
idea. " really means:
" Good idea. " [ " now would you(if you want to) please go
do it so that I can concentrate on the other(important)
stuff. "]

Okay. :)
- Attached. (bzipped tar achive(tar -xjf SPECS_1.tar.bz2
to extract) with xfdiff patch files too.)

*Partially complete*  though cause I am not sure if my
editing of the (lack of) %descriptions is acceptable at
this stage(so near RC1) due to translations and what not.
Plus, I am putting everything else(except dbh of course)
into a new subcategory, " Graphical desktop/XFce/Extras ",
if that is okay.

Also, xfwm4, xfce4-panel, xfdesktop and xfce-utils are,
technically,  "extras" but, frankly, personally, I cannot
imagine running XFce DE without those packages so I put
them into " Graphical desktop/XFce " as "recommended"
packages versus "required" or "suggested" packages like the
rest.
Also, I would like to put xfce4-session in the base
category as a 'recommended' but do not know its status for
XFce4 4.0.0 release plus I will have to make a spec file
for it as that seems to be missing(RPM hates Benny hates
RPM :) ) from the 0.21 targz.

If the additions to the "%descriptions" are not okay at
this date please let me know ASAP so I can remove them and
not do any more. If they are okay, I will upload a
SPEC_2.tar.bz2 with the others category and description
additions/changes.

I hope this meets with y'all's approval.

Please comment/suggest as you desire.

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric