FAQ?: Re: One small thing...

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 12:12:40 CEST 2003

--- Benedikt Meurer <Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de>
wrote:
> On Sun, 06, Jul 2003, Ric wrote:
>
> > *****************************************************
> >
> > > Starting a default session does not popup a splash
> > > screen, whereas restoring a saved session
> > > does come up with a splash screen on startup.
> >
> > *****************************************************
> >
> > I was going to ask if it was a bug or intentional. Glad
> > know it is intentional.  This might be a good item for
> the
> > FAQ's.
> > WDYT?
>
> It's not really intentional. I would like to show a
> splash screen when
> starting a default session, but it is not really possible
> without
> introducing a bad hack. I might try to "fake" a default
> session in the
> future. That'll bring up the splash screen as well.
>
> Anyway, since one usually start a default session only
> once, and
> afterwards restarts a saved session, it does not matter
> that much :-)
>
> Benedikt
>
> --

We don't need no stinking badges(splash screen).
:-)
It's purty but other than a brief confirmation that xfsm is
running, it has no value.  Right? So do not worry about it.

The way it works is good, IMO => no saved session=no
splash; saved session=spalsh.
Besides, I would really hate it if it got to be like Gnome,
or worse, KDE: I always think, JHFC, load the D! ap and
quit telling me that you are going to load it! Just do it!
Do it now!!  ( Obviously, KDE and I are on about the same
terms as with MS WinXX - i only use it when I must, which
these days boils down to just kpackage and that as
sparingly as possible because it still crashes for the,
IMO, strangest reasons. )
Xfce probably spoiled me: I expect things to load "now"
because since I began using that fine piece of programming,
I know that they can.

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric