One small thing...

Philip Dean pdengineer at myrealbox.com
Sun Jul 6 05:04:01 CEST 2003

> > > I have the same problem here. Even when startxfce4 seems to look at
> > > ~/.xfce/xinitrc, it is not executed. Any tip?
> >
> > Is ~/.xfce4/xinitrc marked executable?
>
> No. Marking it executable solved the problem.
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Luis Miguel Garcia (ktech)
> Palencia / Spain

Well, I changed mine and I think it is working.  I renamed the global anyway and everything still came up.  I assume that xfce4-session manager still uses this script file.  If not, my testing isn't worth much.  What I was trying to do isn't working though.

Maybe someone here could suggest something.  I want to add 'ssh-agent $SHELL'  somewhere so I can add pass-phrases and them work globally (i.e. outside of the one term)  Any suggestions on the correct place to add this?

One thing to note, It is amazing how many non session aware programs I use.  :-)

Thanks for the help.  I am interested if xfce4-session is using the xinitrc file though.

Philip Dean