xfce4 problems with Launcher command

Moritz Heiber moritz-heiber at arcor.de
Sat Jul 5 12:51:54 CEST 2003

On 05 Jul 2003 10:36:15 +0200
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:

> Brett,
>
> I've identified a bug in wine, I dunno if that's related;
>
> The first wine window that gets mapped doens't get the focus, although
> it show with an active border (when the wine windows aren't manager by
> the WM, wine takes care of decorating its own windows)
>
> The problem shows in xfwm4, metacity and kwin, so I doubt it's xfce
> related.
>
> I've been able to work arround the problem by letting the window
> manager manage wine windows, by simply setting "Managed" = "Y" in the
> wine config file:
>
> ; Allow the window manager to manage created windows
> "Managed" = "Y"

The Wine focus bug is a known problem and yet to be solved. The
developers originally invented 'GetMouseFocus' for letting a window grab
the mouse focus instantly but as far as I can remember that function was
broken right from the start. So I definitly consider it to be a Wine
bug.

The only way I found to "solve" the problem is to let the window manager
do his work (like Olivier proposed) and start the Wine window with a
little offset lets say -5 pixels on top and on the left side. In most
cases that will hide the window manager borders around the window and
provides a "as if it was full screen" like look.

Bye,

Moritz