idea for panel configurator

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Wed Jul 2 17:35:22 CEST 2003

Hi everybody, Jasper in particular,

To configure the panel with the applications and drawers is a rather
lengthy procedure involving many clicks and many popup dialogs. I was
thinking of something along the line of the xfapps branch in xffm, where
the special new (and not yet used) treeview dragdrop feature could be
used to change main drawer positions or to move an application from one
drawer to another. Further, new applications could be added by normal
drag'n'drop from any fm (even xffm). And further still, additional
branches where the gnome and kde filemenus would be represented in tree
form to make drag'n'drop possible from there. This would entail removing
the xfapps branch from xffm and wiring it up as a smaller and separate
application with these extended features.

What say? Crazy? Usefull?

regards,

Edscott

ps. I'm talking 4.2, of course, and it would require the load and save
settings part of the panel to be compiled into a dynamic library to
enable maintainability.