XFce4 session manager

Benedikt Meurer Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Jul 2 15:44:17 CEST 2003

On Wed, 02, Jul 2003, Ilkka Ollakka wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 03:10:07PM +0200, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> >
> > Its fixed in 0.0.8. Please try it.
> >

> Yes,it works now,restores my gkrellm and xmms,but not opera or 'aterm -e
> mutt'. great start anyway :)

Of course a session manager can only manage session aware clients :-),
to be exact: xfce4-session can only manage X11R6-SM aware clients. I'm
working on getting xsm's smproxy to work with xfce4-session, but for
some reason, it does not send a SaveYourselfDone. Anyway, if a client
is not session aware (I don't know if opera or aterm are session
aware), it cannot be restarted by the session manager. You should add
a line to your .xinitrc to start the program, e.g.:

---------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
# Start non-session aware clients
opera&