xffm suggestions (Was: Re: alpha xffm rpms available)

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Wed Jan 29 22:10:27 CET 2003

Ok, some more ideas that may or may not make sense.

It seems to me the right-click menu has too many submenus. When I click
on a file 99/100 times I want to open, cut/copy/paste or remove it, so I
believe the edit submenu, should be on the top level menu. Something
more like:

Open -->
---
Cut
Copy
Paste
---
Remove
---
Rename
Symlink
---

Also I think two rows of icons on top is a bit much. I think the first
bar with the zoom icons appended could be nice.

And I would like to be able to use <Enter> to unfold/fold directories. I
think keyboard navigation is quite important in a file manager.

Anyway, I don't think I told you it looks really good and it's very fast
at loading large directories. So it's not only criticism from me :)

	Jasper

--
IRC channel: #xfce on irc.freenode.net