xffm changes

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Jan 28 11:07:42 CET 2003

Hi Thomas,

> > I must admit I used to think as you, but it's Thomas Leonard's fault
> > that I combine both tecniques (reading code from rox filer I noticed he
> > uses buffers of 4096, to hold stuff much smaller).

Hehehe, it's gotta be someone's fault, so why not yours ? lol :)

> We only do this when there's no way to know how much memory to allocate in
> advance, eg when calling gethostname, and we always reallocate it onto the
> heap once we've got it. I'm pretty sure we have no fixed-size buffers that
> aren't only allocated very briefly on the stack for this purpose...

g_strdup_printf() is my friend here :)

BTW, Thomas, did you notice that xfce-mcs-manager and xfce-mcs-plugins now come
with separate packages, so that ROX users can use xfce-mcs-manager+xfwm4 along
with ROX Session ?

XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.
Designed for productivity,  it loads  and  executes  applications fast,
while conserving  system resources. XFce is all free software, released
under GNU General Public License.    Available from http://www.xfce.org