Re 2: more xffm changes and bugs

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Tue Jan 28 09:38:48 CET 2003

On 27 Jan 2003 17:38:20 -0600
edscott wilson garcia <edscott at imp.mx> wrote:
> > I removed the large toggle button in remove in favor of
> > a smaller checkbutton. Looks better.
>
> Oops. Since I reverted to the previous xffm.glade it must have been
> undone too. You forgot to mention the change to the remove dialog and
> I didn't notice it. I'm looking at it right now. It looks good, but I
> don't think it should be in the same hbox as the radio, but rather the
> place where Jasper suggested some time ago (where I believe it's at
> now).

> I don't favor either toggle or check button since they both look good
> to me. Maybe someone else would like to comment so I'm attaching
> screenshots of both (but please note that only the big question mark
> icon actually appears, the warning is for a different dialog)

+-------+--------------------------------------+
|  xxx    Remove YourFile1 ?                   |
| x   x                                        |
|    x    (x) Wastebasket ( ) Delete ( ) Shred |
|   x     [ ] Apply to all                     |
|                                              |
|   x                      <Stop>  <No>  <Yes> |
+-------+--------------------------------------+

or even

+-------+--------------------------------------+
|  xxx                                         |
| x   x   Remove YourFile1 ?                   |
|    x                                         |
|   x     (x) Wastebasket ( ) Delete ( ) Shred |                     |
|                                              |
|   x             <All>  <Cancel>  <No>  <Yes> |
+-------+--------------------------------------+

Text and radio buttons aligned left, dialog buttons aligned right.
Warning/Question/Info icon to the left.

Ususally I try to follow the gnome HCI guidelines regarding button
order:

        <Other>  <Cancel>  <Default>

And I try to avoid Yes/No dialogs. But in this case I couldn't find a
proper wording for the buttons, especially since the dialog is being
used in more situations. Usualy I would put in <Delete> instead of
<Yes>.

--
IRC channel: #xfce on irc.freenode.net