xfce4 panel

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Jan 27 19:16:14 CET 2003

Jasper,

> Anyway, there is a difference between how xfbd and xfdesktop handle the
> image: xfbd sets a 2nd property (ESETROOT_PMAP_ID), making a copy of the
> pixmap. I'm not sure if I should add this to xfdesktop. I didn't think
> it was necessary.

It *is* definitely mandatory!

The way Esetroot does it is using two properties:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/wm-spec-list/2002-January/msg00006.html

In summary:

_XROOTPMAP_ID is the pixmap to be displayed. ESETROOT_PMAP_ID is the
pixmap to be destroyed, if any. A program that quits after setting the
backdrop will set ESETROOT_PMAP_ID, otherwise it won't, so both types of
program are supported. So, you should only kill the owner of
ESETROOT_PMAP_ID, not _XROOTPMAP_ID in xfdesktop... Just like xfbd did.

Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>
http://www.xfce.org