Hacking together better menu support in xfdesktop?

Mark C. Chu-Carroll mcc at watson.ibm.com
Thu Jan 23 02:50:25 CET 2003

I've just started trying out xfce4. Looks very nice so far. I'd like to
chip in a bit. My day job is pretty time consuming (I'm the project lead
for the Stellation project over at eclipse.org), so I can't do anything
too large, but I'd really like to be able to put in what I can. (I think
having a good, solid desktop for Unix systems is really valuable, and I
hate the weight of gnome and kde. A nice lightweight, fast system like
XFCE is the right way to go.)

I was looking over xfdesktop, because I really hate xterm, and wanted
to have it launch some other terminal. Looking over the code, it looks
like putting together a simple menu parser for extending the xfdesktop
left-button menu might be a manageable task. Would it interfere with
anything that anyone else out there is working on for me to take a shot
at that?

	-Mark

--
Mark Craig Chu-Carroll,  IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
*** The Stellation project: Advanced SCM for Collaboration
*** Work: mcc at watson.ibm.com/Home: markcc at bestweb.net