about the moving target xfdesktop

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Wed Jan 22 15:29:47 CET 2003

hey edscott,

On 22 Jan 2003 08:11:24 -0600
edscott wilson garcia <edscott at imp.mx> wrote:

> Hey Jasper:
>
>   You're really working full steam! (Everybody appreciates it, though
> they usually don't mention it). Here are a few impressions of changes
> I've noticed with the desktop app.

Thanks. Same goes for you and the work on xffm!

>   Somehow I get different behaviours in FreeBSD and Linux. In FBSD, I
> get different menus using button 1 and 3, and button 2 does nothing.
> In Linux button 1 and 3 do nothing and a single (less complete) menu
> appears with button 2. I probably have a version mixup somewhere, but
> I like the two button FreeBSD better. (it's more akin to xfce3)

Haha, I'm fairly sure you must be mixing up xfdesktop and xfdeskmenu
here. I have no other way of explaining this behaviour.

I never did anything with mouse button 2 for xfdesktop, while xfdeskmenu
used that as its default button. There are two menus in xfdesktop, a
windowlist menu on mouse 3 and a regular desktop menu on mouse 1.

On the other hand the xfdeskmenu menu is usually more elaborate and is
configurable, unlike the present xfdesktop menu. Botsie is working on a
replacement menu, but as it is the xfdesktop menu is rather limited in
its functionality.

Anyway, I've no idea what's happening with your systems.

	Jasper

--
IRC channel: #xfce on irc.freenode.net