xfwm4 mcs plugin not being loaded

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sat Jan 11 11:39:14 CET 2003

Botsie (and that's applies to landie too),

I might have an idea of what could be wrong because I've been able to
reproduce what you describe by starting xfce-mcs-manager afterwards

It's partially my fault and partially your.
I bet you're not starting xfce-mcs-manager before xfwm4 like this :

xfce-mcs-manager
xfwm4 --daemon

in your startup screen as mentioned on the howto.

So, get the latest libxfce4mcs and xfwm4 modules, recompile and
reinstall.

If it works (I bet it'll do) then you can check your startup script...

Cheers,
Olivier.

--
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>