IMPORTANT: Changed default in xfwm4 to *not* run in daemon mode by default

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Fri Jan 10 12:03:44 CET 2003

Hi all,

I've changed the default behaviour of xfwm4 *NOT* to switch to daemon mode by
default, as opposed as before.

Use "xfwm4 --daemon" to get the previous default.

And, please, please, update your .xinitrc (or whatever startup script you use)
to run "xfwm4 --daemon" instead of just "xfwm4" as before.

Jasper, I'm affraid you'll have to update the site with this... As will have to
other spanish and french translators of the site.

This changed occured because most expect a window manager not to switch to
daemon mode (especially session managers), so it's more "standard" to default to
others' practice.

Sorry for the inconvenience this might cause (I can already imagine the tons of
"error reports" we'll get on this list and IRC because of this!)

XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.
Designed for productivity,  it loads  and  executes  applications fast,
while conserving  system resources. XFce is all free software, released
under GNU General Public License.    Available from http://www.xfce.org