missing features in xfce4

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Fri Jan 3 23:02:30 CET 2003

On 03 Jan 2003 22:29:43 +0100
Pablo <pastulap at poczta.onet.pl> wrote:

> > You can move windows from anywhere inside a window when pressing Alt
> > while dragging the window. This also allows you to move a window so
> > you can resize it.
>
> Yes, it's a solution, I like it very much. Are there any other tricks
> or is it in a documentation?

There's no documentation yet I'm afraid. You could try reading some of
the archive for this list. All features are usually announced here.

> > > I haven't tried hard enough to find a solution to the next problem
> > > but here it goes. It's easy to remove a button from xfce panel
> > > (i.e. a clock) by simply using remove button. But I could't find
> > > "Add" button. Of course there is a configuration file to do it,
> > > but it's not a user friendly way.
> > >

> > Right-click on one of the panel handles. If you have suggestions
> > about a dialog for panel items, I'd be very interested. I'm still
> > thinking about it.
>
> Right click gives me a dialog without Add button. I can change panel
> handle from laucher to a clock for example but cannot add another
> panel handler. Or maybe I don't have the most recent version.

With panel handles I mean the two strips on both sides of the panel,
wich you can use to move it around. Right-clicking gives you a popup
menu with several options.

	Jasper

--
IRC channel: #xfce on irc.openprojects.net