xfce4-panel bug

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Sun Feb 23 23:23:34 CET 2003

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:55:39 +0000
James Tappin <james at tappin.me.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:34:03 +0100
> Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> wrote:
>
> > > Sadly it doesn't look to be wholly fixed. The attached is the
> > > result I get with a checkout from today.
> > >

> > Strange, it works for both Olivier and myself. Did you do a make
> > distclean before building. Or is it possible you have an old version
> > installed somewhere else on your system?
> >

> I have just done a make distclean, rebuild and install, and a fresh
> login and I still see the problem. I suspect that it is related to
> having the panel in the top layer (a habit of an old KDE user who
> hates to have anything get on top of the panel).

I have the panel on top as well ...

Can you check if your source code has these lines:

file: xfce4/panel/controls_dialog.c, line 328

if (response == RESPONSE_REMOVE)
{
  gtk_widget_hide(dlg);

  if (!(control->with_popup) ||
      confirm(_("Removing an item will also remove its popup menu.\n\n"
                "Do you want to remove the item?"),
              GTK_STOCK_REMOVE, NULL))
  {
    break;
  }

  gtk_widget_show(dlg);
}

If you do have this, I'm almost certain you have an older version of the
panel around that gets run instead of your newly build one.

> I also notice there is another glitch that has crept in lately. On
> login the panel now observes the margin settings. It didn't do so a
> week or so ago. (I use a 38 pixel top margin, and put the panel at the
> top -- thus maximised windows go just up to the panel but don't
> overlap it).

Yeah, this is what Olivier posted earlier. It only affects the top
margin. It is required to allow xfwm4 to handle certain applications
better. I don't know if this can be solved.

Olivier, should I remove the top margin settings from the settings
dialog? It i a bit hard to explain, though, why you can't set the top
margin ...

	Jasper