xfce4-panel bug

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sun Feb 23 14:58:32 CET 2003

Right. The dialog disappear before the warning message appears.

However, that leads to another point that I would like mention. I've
worked pretty hard recently (yesterday and today) on xfwm4 to ensure
compatibility with old apps that are not EWMH aware.

As a side effect, I changed the design in a way that prevents apps to
position themselves above the top border (for example, xmms will not go
under the taskbar anymore) - For X11 programmers, xfwm4 now checks the
requested position on XConfigureRequest events.

Unfortunately, this has also a side effect on the panel itself, since
it's an app like any other, it's not able to put itself above the top
border. That means that the use of struts to prevent windows to overlap
the panel won't work when the panel in placed on the upper side of the
screen.

Cheers,
Olivier.

Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>