xfhelp4 in CVS

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Sat Feb 22 11:26:32 CET 2003

On Sat, 22 Feb 2003 11:11:51 +0100
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just added a xfhelp4 script to xfce-utils. Now everyone will see how
> terribly unfinished our docs are ...

What I could do is add a skeleton doc to all the modules, modeled after
the panel docs, so that people can easily start working on them.

By the way, what I had in mind is this:

o All packages install docs to ${prefix}/share/xfce4/doc/html/, to make
linking between them easier.

o xfce-utils installs some general xfce info. This package is the only
one containing an index.html, which contains links to the other docs.

o other packes install a <packagename>.html and prefix other files
appropriately to avoid name clashes. E.g. the panel installs
xfce4-panel.html and panel-copyright.html, panel-settings.html, etc. You
can set these names in the xml file by setting the appropriate id for
the sections.

o I made the panel docs link to the GPL page from the general docs.
Perhaps this should be a separate document.

I thinks this is the easiest way to get some integration of the
documents. What do you think?

	Jasper