XFDesktop configurable menu

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Sat Feb 15 23:42:51 CET 2003

Hey Mark,

On 15 Feb 2003 16:43:09 -0500
"Mark C. Chu-Carroll" <mcc at watson.ibm.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 22:34, Biju Chacko wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 23:31, Mark C. Chu-Carroll wrote:
> > > I'm using the unedited menu.xml from CVS. It's in
> > > ~/.xfce4/menu.xml. I inserted some logging statements into the
> > > menu parser, and it is being found and parsed.
>
> So I found the problem, and it's pretty much that I'm an idiot :-). Or
> actually, it's a versioning problem; but that's something that I
> really should have thought of checking, but didn't, because I'm an
> idiot.

Well, you should know best, but you sure don't sound like an idot to me
;-)

> I just installed garnome's gnome2 on my machine, and when I run using
> the Garnome version of gtk2, it works perfectly. When I switch my
> library path away, it doesn't.
>
> Without garnome, I was running gtk-2.0.Now I'm using 2.2. The menus
> work perfectly under 2.2.

Hmm, well, I'm glad you got it to work, but I'm still worried about the
versioning problem. Can anyone confirm that the menu doesn't work with
gtk 2.0.x?

We haven't required 2.2.x until now and I had hoped that there would
have been a compile error instead of this silent failure. Perhpas a bug
in gtk 2.0?

anyway, good to know it works for you,

	Jasper