Xffm issues

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Thu Feb 13 19:21:34 CET 2003

El jue, 13-02-2003 a las 07:21, Joakim Andreasson escribió:
> On 12 Feb 2003 14:26:27 -0600
> edscott wilson garcia <edscott at imp.mx> wrote:
>
> > El mié, 12-02-2003 a las 10:32, Joakim Andreasson escribió:
> > > Hi Edscott and others,
> > >
> > > Building from cvs today I had to comment out a rather large section
> > > of the
> > >configure script due to the checking for 'usability' of dbh.h, which
> > >didn't
> > >work (I run freebsd 4.7). After that it built fine.
> >
> > Try regenerating the configure script by running ./autogen.sh. If it
> > still has problems, tell me what versions of libtool, automake, and
> > autoconf you're using.
>
> I run autoconf 2.57, libtool 1.4.3, and automake 1.7. (On FreeBSD 4.7.)
> It seems the configure script has problems finding libdbh, which can be
> easily solved by changing it so it is 'fooled' that it has found dbh
> anyway; then it compiles correctly, even with the right ldflags and
> cflags for the dbh lib.

It's an issue with libtool 1.4.3 and freebsd-4.7. Earlier libtools don't
have that problem. If you figure out a fix for the configure.in file,
let us know.

> The irritating window geometry change remains if you double-click a file
> with a long name as the information about it being run is displayed in
> the status line. Doesn't this information belong in the diagnostics
> window anyway?

I don't think so (today at least:) It should now printout an abbreviated
name (as long as that option is set).

> There is a similar problem with the "Properties" window, frex if the
> file queried with it is a tar.gz file with a long name. I think the
> "file type" field needs to be wrapped.

That's now fixed in CVS with the abbreviate option.

> I noticed that Xffm is rather CPU-consuming, ~11% on my PII 233 (No, I
> can't afford a better computer :) or ~30% with "Local file monitor"
> enabled.

It's the gtk2 overhead. Also some stuff that should be in program is in
library and viceversa.

Edscott