xfdesktop not compiling on BSD

Biju Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl.net
Thu Feb 13 05:24:34 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 00:43, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> Ok, I just removed the _GCC_PREREQ tests. If you have gcc < 2.6 or a
> non-gcc compiler don't enable debug.
>
> I'll let botsie worry about a proper fix if he still wants to. I think I
> can live with this.

I've committed a fix for this. I just realised that the test was only
required if you're using C++. Also removed some cruft that had collected
up in the file.

BTW, I've broken the cardinal rule by not actually compiling the fix.
I'm at a clients place, working on windows. So please use with caution
and revert if it breaks. I'm fairly sure it won't though.

A quick query:

To undefine a macro function which is preferable?

#define DBG(fmt, args)	      /* define it to nothing */

or

#define DBG(fmt, args) do {} while(0) /* define it to a no-op */

I usually use the first but I'm told the latter is common in the kernel.

-- b