Xffm issues

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Wed Feb 12 21:26:27 CET 2003

El mié, 12-02-2003 a las 10:32, Joakim Andreasson escribió:
> Hi Edscott and others,
>
> Building from cvs today I had to comment out a rather large section of the
>configure script due to the checking for 'usability' of dbh.h, which
>didn't
>work (I run freebsd 4.7). After that it built fine.

Try regenerating the configure script by running ./autogen.sh. If it
still has problems, tell me what versions of libtool, automake, and
autoconf you're using.

> Then there are some issues with running xffm. In the directory tree,
> it isn't able to display my national characters (åäö), although they
> display correctly in the status line.

Weird. The only difference is that the tree was using
g_filename_to_utf8() and the status was using g_locale_to_utf8().
I've put them both to use the same utf translating routine. It should
work for your character now.

> Also, if I select a file with a long name, the window geometry changes
> and the window becomes very wide, somethimes wider than my screen. I
> think it is connected to the dispaying of the file name in the status
> line. It is irritating sometimes.

It irritates me too. That's why I added the "abbreviate paths"
preference, but it was bugged and not working for the status line. It
now works. It will keep filenames in the tree and status line under 21
characters. If you want to know the full path of a file, drag and drop
it to the diagnostics window.