Status of xfce4

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Feb 10 03:14:26 CET 2003

El vie, 07-02-2003 a las 09:10, Jasper Huijsmans escribió:

> > a tentative timetable would be to have the properties function and a
> > simple preferences scheme (sans mcs) by Monday 10 feb. 02:00 GMT. The
> > mcs part would take me a bit more. Maybe 1-2 weeks to make the xffm
> > plugin from scratch, and another week to implement the changes on the
> > xffm side.
> >

> An mcs dialog is relatively easy to make actually, so Olivier and/or I
> can help out with that and then it shouldn't take that much time.

That would be cool. I've already got the simple preferences thing
working in CVS (albeit a bit broken here and there). I modified your
code from xfce4/panel/settings.c (xffm/libs/settings.c) to save to a xml
file so that might make things easier. I still have to do some debugging
on the simple preferences thing.

> > > As Jasper rightly pointed, we still have some documentation to
> > > write. And the missing various scripts like startxfce4, xfhelp(4?),
> > > xfterm(4?) etc.
> >
> > I really need to write docs to explain how the trash works in xffm.
> > But I still don't know what editor to use to edit the source files,
> > what format to use and how to convert to html. This should take me
> > about a week to figure out once I get started.
>
> I can convert your text to docbook xml easily and then to html. Look at
> the doc/ directory for the panel if you want to find out how I did it.
> If you make some plain text docs I can do the conversion if you want.

Sounds fine. Now all I need is to find some time to write the text,
8-)

Edscott