Status of xfce4

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Fri Feb 7 14:32:07 CET 2003

Hi all,

Since the list is very quiet, I'd like to take the opportunity to ask
everyone working on xfce4 to provide a status on the work in progress so
we can think of a release schedule :)

As for myself, I consider xfwm4 to be complete now. I now focus of bug
fixes, small optimizations and code cleanup (and all these are almost
complete - So if anyone has a complain about xfwm4 misbehaving say it
clear and loud now :)

Edscott, any news on xffm ? I think the property window is missing (not
talking about the pref dialog, but the dialog that gives access to
file/folder properties) - What's your timeline for completing the
missing features ?
Do you need help for mcs, for example ?

Botsie, how long to you think the menu stuff will take ?

Jasper, the xfce4-panel looks fairly good. Anything that you plan to
add/fix/remove ? As for the trash, since the panel uses plugins, it
might very be an xffm plugin for the panel.

As Jasper rightly pointed, we still have some documentation to write.
And the missing various scripts like startxfce4, xfhelp(4?), xfterm(4?)
etc.

If I forgot anybody (Perldude ?) let me know...

Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>
http://www.xfce.org