XFDesktop configurable menu

Biju Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl.net
Tue Feb 4 15:48:42 CET 2003

Hi,

I just committed some changes to xfdesktop for a simple configurable
menu. It uses an xml format and looks for either
$sysconfig/xfce4/menu.xml or $HOME/.xfce4/menu.xml as a data file. This
adds a dependency on libxml-2.0 to xfdesktop.

Sorry for the period of time when the it would not build ... SF quietly
dropped a couple of my commits and I got confused about what was
commited and what wasn't. :-\

The xml format is pretty self evident, I'll write a DTD later. If you
can't figure it out, drop me or the list a line.

A XFDeskmenu to XFDesktop converter is in the works and should be done
tomorrow.

A menu editor is a substantially bigger job, but is also on my TODO
list. I think it may be necessary to have it ready for this release
because I think people will howl if they are told they have to edit an
xml file by hand to configure their menu.

As always, the usual caveats apply: I have *no idea* of what I'm doing,
but it works for me. YMMV. :-)

Comments/Clean ups of my code are welcome ... in fact are demanded! :-)

-- b