srvg

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Fri Dec 26 14:48:57 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 14:21, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> it looks like some of this is just a consequence of "gnome" being in
> your USE flags.  looking at the .ebuilds, librsvg itself requires glib,
> gtk, libart_lgpl, libxml2, pango, and popt.  pretty standard stuff.  for
> zlib support built into librsvg (i.e., you have "zlib" in your USE
> flags), you also need libgsf.  that's where the extra deps are being
> pulled in.  libgsf only requires libxml2, glib, and zlib (2 out of 3
> that librsvg also needs).  if you are compiling with USE="gnome", then
> libgsf also pulls in libbonobo and gnome-vfs.  i'm betting that those
> two are what's grabbing gnome-mime-data, fam, gconf, orbit, and indent.
> startup-notification is of course required by xfce4-panel directly.  try
> doing:
> USE="-gnome" emerge -p xfce4-panel
> and see what that gives you.  ymmv, but i bet you'll see fewer deps with
> that approach.

I can't find USE gnome in neither /etc/make.conf, the xfce4-panel ebuild
nor the librsvg ebuild. It must be somewhere further down the line. I
just remove the librsvg option from the panel ebuild and everything
works fine. I just wonder what gain is accomplished by using srvg, apart
from rendering icons in the srvg format.

Edscott