Debian Packages for xfce4-session

Oliver M. Bolzer oliver at fakeroot.net
Sat Dec 13 14:37:58 CET 2003

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 12:25:54PM +0100, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote...

> Hey Oliver,

> Please update your package to the latest CVS (atleast a post 20031211
> version), since prior versions contain a bug that makes xfce4-session
> crash (and leave the session data in an unusable state) upon launch of
> xfce4-session while xfce4-session is already running.

OK. I have done so and will upload the package maybe tomorrow. I havn't
checked how large the queue for completely new packages is, but it should
be available in unstable archive, soon.

I have noticed that my previously saved session is not restored when I
log into a machine while xfce4-session is already runnin on another
box where both use the same home directory shared over NFS. Could this
be related to the bug you describe?  Havn't had the chance to investigate
the problem, tough.

> BTW: I've imported your manual pages to xfce CVS.

They are just a quick hack because Debian policy mandates each program
have a man page. You might want to drop the first paragraph of each,
"because the original program does [...] have a manual page" now, as well
as the last sentence in the AUTHORS section. :-)

--
	Oliver M. Bolzer

GPG (PGP) Fingerprint = 621B 52F6 2AC1 36DB 8761  018F 8786 87AD EF50 D1FF