[xfce4-panel] Positioning after remote X login

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Sat Dec 6 11:07:00 CET 2003

Hey Daniel,

Op za 06-12-2003, om 10:27 schreef Daniel Ciaglia:
> Hi,
> after quick search through my archive of the mailinglist it seems noone
> else has spotted this behaviour before:
>
> Logging in with remote X (X -query orwell) into my default desktop with an
> different display size (800x600 vs. 1280x1024), doing some work, shutting
> down the laptop and using the workstation as usual the next day gives me
> this position of the panel:
>   http://www.ciaglia.de/tmp/desktop.jpg
>
> When working remote, the panel sets itself to the lower border of the
> screen, but not centered. Back to normal, it's a little bit lazy and stays
> at its position in the center of the screen.
>
> Well, I haven't looked at the code but wouldn't it be the cleaner solution
> to use the set preferences (center at the bottom) at every startup then
> waitinig for the final *click* in the settings menu?

Well, they are not settings, actually, so they aren't saved. Yeah, I
know it shouldn't be in the settings dialog then ...

However, the panel is supposed to detect the different screen size and
then set the same relative position, so it should have worked.

Hmm, looking at the code, I see a comment saying it doesn't work
properly yet ;-)

Could you file a bug report on the bug tracker?

	Jasper