netload plugin broken

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Thu Aug 28 21:48:34 CEST 2003

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 at 17:15 (-0500), edscott wilson garcia wrote:

> I just updated from CVS the netload plugin, recompiled and installed. It
> is now *broken* for FreeBSD-5.1. Traffic is not detected correctly. If I
> use 0.10 ms for refresh, traffic reported in popup is around 1,000,000
> kBytes/seg (absurd). Moving the refresh rate to something like 5 ms,
> results are equally absurd but they just don't change that often.

I'll summarize: the update function works but the value is not correct.
The one has nothing to do with the other since GUI code is independent
of net code.

Since it works perfect here on Linux it must be in wormulon/freebsd.c (I
think). Try to comment out line 14 (data->watchif = -1). If that does
not work: Can you try out all old versions (by released files or by CVS;
I set tags to version_0_20preX where X \in { 1, 2, 3, 4 } ).

Regards,
Bernhard