XFce4: X-screensaver bug

Paleo sonicadmin at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 22 00:18:44 CEST 2003

Texas has the most wicked thunder storms that you can imagine! They're very
hard on your systems. I had never seen anything like it where I am from in
Oregon. As it turns out, one was especially hard on my main system, and took
out the power supply. OUCH!

While the system seems to run fine, the clock is off. I see a new motherboard
in the near future.

So, until I choose a motherboard that will work with this hardware, I will run
this script as root after I log in as my main user. It just updates the
system time to a local college here in Houston.

Were it not for that, I may never have noticed it. Just wondering if it was a
submittable bug. It just seems to run the screen saver as root and when I
shake the mouse I gain the window focus again. No big deal.

I will check to see if this happens on my laptop too. However, I recommended
XFce4 to a friend and he mentioned it as well.

As much playing around as I have done to KDM lately, I am sure to experience
some odd behavior, but this is very consistant.

-Robert