mail monitor for xfce ?

crypt at ihug.co.nz crypt at ihug.co.nz
Wed Aug 20 05:04:48 CEST 2003

On 08/19 20:04  Bernhard Walle was heard to utter:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 at 17:13 (+1200), crypt at ihug.co.nz wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone had done a good mail monitor for xfce. I would
> > really like to not have to use gkrellm and this is about the last
> > feature from it that I have yet to find a good replacement.
>
> I don't know what you mean with 'good'. There is a mail monitor
> distributed with xfce4. Right click on the panel and use the menu to add
> it. I can only monitor local mailboxes.

Wonder how I missed that.

What I was really after was a checker like that in gkrelm where you have
a main icon and below that you can list specific mailboxes or mailbox
groups to have checked.

Are there any docs for extending the current mailchecker ?

Joe.

in real life: Joseph Skinner         |There's no such thing as a wizard
email: crypt at ihug.co.nz              |who minds his own business
       Analyst/Programmer            | - Berengis the Black