A HOWTO document & Bug to report

Toomas Römer tromer at hot.ee
Mon Aug 18 00:31:34 CEST 2003

Hi

I just subscribed to this mailing list, so i didn't have to chance to read the
HOW-TO. But I thought i'll add my way of getting the xfce4 into kdm.

Couple of days ago I installed the xfce4 RC2 on SuSe 8.2. I was using the
contrib packages for SuSe 8.2 by IIkka Ollakka. I'm running kdm. I had some
problems getting an entry to the kdm menu but finally found a solution.

One of the main packages created a file /etc/X11/wmsession.d/10XFce4. I moved
the file to /usr/X11R6/bin and renamed it to XFce4. Then I edited the kdmrc
in /opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc and changed the line starting with
SessionTypes= and added a comma and the name of the file i had in
/usr/X11R6/bin in my case being XFce4. Now when i restarted kdm i had an
entry that was working. So the executable in the /usr/X11R6/bin has to have
the corresponding name in the SessionTypes line.

/toomasr