XSLT

Matthew Weier OPhinney matthew-lists at weierophinney.net
Fri Aug 8 19:37:01 CEST 2003

-- Ric <fhj52ads at yahoo.com> wrote
(on Friday, 08 August 2003, 09:48 AM -0700):
> Hey Joe:
> --- Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 07:31, Matthew Weier OPhinney wrote:
> >
> > > Right, he's already done that part. I think what Ric's getting at
> > is
> > > that he wants to merge the xfce4rc XML he's generated from parsing
> > the
> > > xfce3rc file with an existing xfce4rc file.  And he wants to make
> > > absolutely sure he does that _last_ part correctly.  Hence the
> > XSL/XSLT
> > > questions.
> >
> > 	IMNSHO, move the original rc file to xfce4rc.bak and generate a
>          ^^^^^^
> ? InMyNoSh!tHonestOpinion ? :)
>
> > completely new one from the xfce3rc input.
>
> Sounds like a plan. Can you do that with perl-XML-XSLT or
> perl-XML-libXSLT?
>
> I do not know perl well enuf to know.

I think all he's trying to say is to do a:

    rename('path/to/.xfce4rc', 'path/to/.xfce4rc.bak');

and then have your script write its xml to 'path/to/.xfce4rc'. I'm
assuming that since you're able to generate the XML from your xfce3rc,
you *should* be able to write it -- the method may be wierd tho',
depending on the modules you're using.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
http://weierophinney.net/matthew/