XSLT

Matthew Weier OPhinney matthew-lists at weierophinney.net
Fri Aug 8 13:31:39 CEST 2003

-- Biju Chacko <biju_chacko at vsnl.net> wrote
(on Friday, 08 August 2003, 12:09 PM +0530):
> On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 23:11:46 -0700 (PDT), Ric wrote:
>
> > Will somebody give me a heads-up on how y'all get the XML files into
> > the format that you want?   Who's the XSL/XSLT guru here?
>
> Frankly,  since the old format doesn't really map to the new format very
> well I'm not sure how to do this.
>
> I haven't really looked at the problem, but I would use perl to parse
> the old file into a hash and write the appropriate values into a
> template of the current format.

Right, he's already done that part. I think what Ric's getting at is
that he wants to merge the xfce4rc XML he's generated from parsing the
xfce3rc file with an existing xfce4rc file.  And he wants to make
absolutely sure he does that _last_ part correctly.  Hence the XSL/XSLT
questions.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
http://weierophinney.net/matthew/