FreeBSD-5.1 problem identified

Mike Makonnen mtm at identd.net
Thu Aug 7 01:39:16 CEST 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 01:34:20PM -0500, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been attached
> along with this report, so you can recognize or block similar unwanted
> mail in future.  See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.
>
> Content preview:  The problem might also affect other xfce4 elements
>   besides xffm. I figured out the problem with FreeBSD-5.1 (which *might*
>   be affecting xfce4-panel, xfce4-session, xfdesktop and xfwm as well).
>   Apparently the sigaction() function does not work to change the default
>   action of SIGTERM (and maybe other signals), but the simplified version
>   signal() works fine. So that by using (in configure.ac): [...]
>
> Content analysis details:   (5.50 points, 5 required)
> USER_AGENT_XIMIAN  (-2.4 points) Headers indicate a non-spam MUA (Ximian)

> Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 13:34:20 -0500
> From: edscott wilson garcia <edscott at prodigy.net.mx>
> Subject: FreeBSD-5.1 problem identified
>
> The problem might also affect other xfce4 elements besides xffm. I
> figured out the problem with FreeBSD-5.1 (which *might* be affecting
> xfce4-panel, xfce4-session, xfdesktop and xfwm as well). Apparently the
> sigaction() function does not work to change the default action of
> SIGTERM (and maybe other signals), but the simplified version signal()
> works fine. So that by using (in configure.ac):

This should not be happening. Xffm works fine on my system
(5.1-CURRENT). Can you provide me with sample code that
demonstrates the problem, please? If there is a problem
it should be fixed in FreeBSD.

Cheers.
--
Mike Makonnen  | GPG-KEY: http://www.identd.net/~mtm/mtm.asc
mtm at identd.net | D228 1A6F C64E 120A A1C9  A3AA DAE1 E2AF DBCC 68B9

P.S - Your emails keep ending up in my spam-trap because of the
following spamassissin rules.