FreeBSD-5.1 problem identified

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Aug 7 00:25:54 CEST 2003

Edscott,

Please don't. It's not logical IMO. If freeBSD 5.1 supports sigaction
then one should expect it to work. If it doesn't work, then fix FreeBSD.

If it doesn't support sigaction, then AC_CHECK_FUNCS([sigaction]) should
return false and then we can safely fallback to old style signal().

What you seem to say is that sigaction is some kind of a stub in FreeBSD
5.1 which sounds very surprising...

It needs some more investigation I think.

Cheers,
Olivier.