nedit dialog won't close

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 5 11:02:46 CEST 2003

Hi:

Previous problem with some modal dialogs getting stuck under parents
seems to be gone as of CVS-24hrs.  Yeah! Thanks.

Just to let you know, however, now nedit  dialogs for  find,  search
and replace ("Replace") now refuse to close with the cancel or close
button and stay on top, too.  :(
All the text disappears but the border and background remain. I can
move the window around with the pointer or the keyboard + pointer; it's
there but it's not. The dialog window closes when the ap exits but not
when the file is closed.

It started that yesterday after CVS update.  I just updated to the
latest CVS-24hrs a couple of hours ago and still have the problem.  If
there is some other info you want, let me know.

Here's the info on one dialog after it was 'closed':

xwininfo: Window id: 0x28001cb "Replace/Find (in xf324_rules.xml)"

  Absolute upper-left X:  76
  Absolute upper-left Y:  130
  Relative upper-left X:  5
  Relative upper-left Y:  23
  Width: 431
  Height: 246
  Depth: 24
  Visual Class: TrueColor
  Border width: 0
  Class: InputOutput
  Colormap: 0x20 (installed)
  Bit Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
  Window Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
  Backing Store State: NotUseful
  Save Under State: yes
  Map State: IsViewable
  Override Redirect State: no
  Corners:  +76+130  -517+130  -517-392  +76-392
  -geometry 431x246+71+107

#> xprop -id 0x28001cb
WM_STATE(WM_STATE):
                window state: Normal
                icon window: 0x0
_NET_WM_ALLOWED_ACTIONS(ATOM) = _NET_WM_ACTION_CLOSE,
_NET_WM_ACTION_MAXIMIZE_HORZ, _NET_WM_ACTION_MAXIMIZE_VERT,
_NET_WM_ACTION_SHADE
_NET_WM_DESKTOP(CARDINAL) = 3
_WIN_WORKSPACE(CARDINAL) = 3
_WIN_STATE(CARDINAL) = 0
_NET_WM_STATE(ATOM) =
WM_TRANSIENT_FOR(WINDOW): window id # 0x2800156
_MOTIF_WM_HINTS(_MOTIF_WM_HINTS) = 0x0, 0xffffffff, 0xffffffff,
0xffffffff, 0x0
WM_PROTOCOLS(ATOM): protocols  WM_DELETE_WINDOW
WM_CLIENT_LEADER(WINDOW): window id # 0x2800156
WM_LOCALE_NAME(STRING) = "en_US"
WM_CLASS(STRING) = "replaceDialog_popup", "NEdit"
WM_HINTS(WM_HINTS):
                Client accepts input or input focus: True
                Initial state is Normal State.
                window id # of group leader: 0x2800156
WM_NORMAL_HINTS(WM_SIZE_HINTS):
                program specified location: 71, 107
                program specified size: 431 by 246
                window gravity: NorthWest
WM_CLIENT_MACHINE(STRING) = "fhj52.linuXwindows.hom"
WM_NAME(STRING) = "Replace/Find (in xf324_rules.xml)"

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Mondale knew this was gonna be a bad day when he called
Dial-a-Prayer and the taped message answered him by name.
 -- Bob Hope, 1903-2003