Pannel and Taskbar - Autohide bug

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Aug 4 18:42:35 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 14:21, Moritz Heiber wrote:
> This is a known bug and yet to be fixed but not before 4.0 I'm afraid
> (As far as I can remember it needs some heavily rewriting).

Nope, that's wrong. The limitation is in gtk, not in xfce. The gtk menu
grabs the pointer so we don't receive the LeaveNotify events when the
menu is shown.

FYI, gnome panel has the same problem, as does evolution "New"
button/dropdown menu, etc.

I already reported the issue on gtk devel list, but it's clear that
there is no obvious solution to this problem. So I'm affraid you'll have
to learn to live with it :)

Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org

   Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
   http://www.xfce.org