iconbox vs taskbar

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 4 06:20:15 CEST 2003

With xfce4-session running all you have to do is start iconbox;
xfsm will remember that it is running and start it next time...
 - if no xfsm is being used, then, add it to the  ~/.xfce4/xinitrc
file; startxfce4 checks for existence of that file and uses it if
available.
 - or, if not using ~/.xfce4/xinitrc then can add it to the
/etc/xfce4/xinitrc  but, really, IMO, using a  ~/.xfce4/xinitrc  is
better idea than modifying the default  /etc/xfce4/xinitrc file.

I do not use iconbox - I really like this new *clean* desktop of XFce4!

--- Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote:
> 	I know this is likely been answered in the list already but please
> forgive an old man for being to tired (re: lazy) to hunt for it.
>
> 	I am running xfce4 from gdm.  I would like to try the iconbox
> instead
> of (or with, haven't really decided yet) the taskbar.  What do I
> change
> to make this switch?  Is it the ~/.xinitrc?  The current version of
> that
> file on my box is for xfce3.
>
> Thank you,
> Joe
>
> --
> Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
> I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Mondale knew this was gonna be a bad day when he called
Dial-a-Prayer and the taped message answered him by name.
 -- Bob Hope, 1903-2003