problem with pager and tasklist

Benedikt Meurer Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sun Aug 3 19:29:00 CEST 2003

On Sun, 03, Aug 2003, Oliver Schweissgut wrote:

> Problem with new anoncvs version:
> - the pager does not show the desktops
> - the taskbar shows no pager and no tasklist

- xfdesktops middle-click menu do not show any windows or workspaces

> Ben will try, if this problem ocurs only on solaris.

Ok, further news from the solaris front:

1) running xftaskbar4/xfce4-panel from another computer on the solaris
display works fine, that says shows both pager and tasklist and both
are working.

2) running xftaskbar4/xfce4-panel on solaris using anothers box'
display shows the same weird behaviour as described above.

That makes me think of a problem with latest libxfcegui4, and I did
some bug tracking already, but no luck yet. Olivier/Jasper, can you
get your eyes on it please. Since netk-pager.c wasn't modified for a
long time, I suppose its something basic that broke, I thought of
netk-xutils, but I'm not very familar with that stuff (esp. not
familar with what could cause problems with solaris whereas works with
other systems).

Craig, do you tried something after rc2 so far?

I'm not sure about this, but since rc2 worked fine, I think its not
Solaris fault, but its a xfce bug introduced after rc2.

> Greetings
> Oliver

regards,
Benedikt

BTW: xfwm4 works very well now (using SunPCI), good work(-around)
Olivier :-)

--
NetBSD Operating system:                       http://www.NetBSD.org/
pkgsrc "Work in progress":                  http://pkgsrc-wip.sf.net/