apparent cursor bug

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 08:40:11 CEST 2003

For what it is worth, no problems on MDK 9 using
#> xterm -version
XFree86 4.2.0(166)
and cvs-24hrs.  It always has the "I" pointer in the window and the
funky pointer in the scrollbar and always returns to normal when xterm
window is closed.
pointerShape (class Cursor) is the vt100 Xresource; maybe
something(RH?) is trying to change it from the default value('' xterm
'').
I just did  xrdb -q  to list mine and found that something has added
the xterm*reverseWrap: true  (which is strange because it is already in
the Xresources...).

A suggestion.  You will probably have to logout/login afterwards to
restore settings but you can try
xrdb ~/.Xdefaults
(or wherever your .Xdefaults might be) and see if the problem goes
away.

HTH

--- edscott wilson garcia <edscott at prodigy.net.mx> wrote:

> The most recent xfce4 cvs presents a weird behavior with the cursor
> and
> xterm. When the pointer enters xterm, it assumes different shapes,
> like
> if you have a gimp window open, it will assume the pointer of the
> gimp
> application. Sometimes it will assume the big X cursor that is
> default
> to X. And depending on how you exit the window, the cursor may or may
> not return to normal. This is on redhat 9 and xfwm4. Has anybody
> noticed
> any similar problems or is it just me?
>
> regards,
>
> Edscott

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Mondale knew this was gonna be a bad day when he called
Dial-a-Prayer and the taped message answered him by name.
 -- Bob Hope, 1903-2003