Apps don't maximize

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Apr 24 23:37:35 CEST 2003

Moe,

Applications can specify a fixed number of pixels for both vertical and
horizontal size increment.

This is typically for text based apps such as xterm that would truncate
the last line and/or column  w/out this. Text based usually set their
size increment to the size of a single character.

When maximizing, the resize increment is taken into the computation, and
the actual size of the maximized window is rounded to the closed
multiple of the size increment.

That's probably why both Abiword2 and xterm show this behaviour. It's
neither a bug in xfwm4 nor in the apps. It's a normal behaviour.

Cheers,
Olivier.

Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>
http://www.xfce.org