New icon theme: Carillon

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Mon Apr 21 16:06:19 CEST 2003

On 21 Apr 2003 07:44:22 -0500
edscott wilson garcia <edscott at imp.mx> wrote:

> El lun, 21-04-2003 a las 03:06, Jasper Huijsmans escribió:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I haven't received an answer from the author about the licence of
> > the icons. However, considering (a) he put them on kde-look.org for
> > everyone to download and (b) he calls them 'free as in freedom',
> > which is clearly a reference to the FSF, I think we can safely use
> > them.
>
> Hey Jasper:
>
> I think it would be a good idea to use the same name for the FreeIcons
> theme in both the panel and xffm. It's not hard to change the name for
> xffm (just need to move all files to a directory with the new name and
> correct Makefile.am). Everybody ok with Carillon?

I'll change to FreeIcons (see my reply to Olivier).

> OTH, would it be a good idea to make icon theme selection for the
> panel reflect in xffm and viceversa? (I'd have to add the Crystal,
> Noia and Curve themes).

Yeah, I think that would be cool. Also, but that is perhaps for after
4.0, we have to use the freedesktop icon theme spec. Perhaps you do
that already?

And then there is the idea of icon themes being part of the gtk theme.
It's in gnome 2, but I have no idea where it's set and how. Also there
are probably some standard sizes for icons. It may be nice to use those
for the different icon sizes, at least for the panel.

For 4.0 I think it would be nice to have the same themes available. I
don't know how best to unify them or whether we should do that at all
(making it one setting, I mean).

I'll just start by changing the name,

	Jasper