xffm links (Was: Re: Hi!)

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Sun Apr 20 20:42:52 CEST 2003

El dom, 20-04-2003 a las 04:19, Jasper Huijsmans escribió:
> Hey,
>
> I updated CVS. I used hard links instead and properly use $(DESTDIR).

Perhaps hard links are better in this case since all files reside on the
same filesystem.

> However, I also have a problem with xffm now. It doesn't show a tree at
> all and when I click on the home icon it aborts with the same error
> Danny reported yesterday:
>
> ** ERROR **: file treeview.c: line 219 (create_root_element): should not
> be reached
> aborting...
> xffm: signal 6 received. Cleaning up before exiting

Hmm... That's not good. Looking over the code I see it is possible when
your XFFM_HOME variable is set to something which is not a valid
directory, plus your environment variable configuration in the
xfce-mcs-manager is set to hide everything. I've added code to use your
normal home directory if XFFM_HOME is not valid, so the program abort
should not happen anymore. Please note that if you erase an environment
variable from the mcs-dialog, you have to press return to send it to
xffm. You can also see the last applied environment variable received
from the mcs-manager in the xffm diagnostics. In the "hide everything"
configuration, the "home" button should work fine to show the local
files.

My commit is taking a little time since I've also added the
FreeIcons-theme, which, BTW, does not have icons defined for the main
menu elements. I think Olivier might want the FreeIcon-theme as the
default... It does look pretty cool.

OT, folder colors in the FreeIcons-theme:
closed Blue=full access
closed Red=read only
closed Violet=symlink
open blue=no hidden files present
open gray=has some hidden files (not shown)
open green=has some hidden files (shown)

These colors should be similar to the respective elements in the gnome
and xfce themes.

saludos

Edscott