Build software versions

Russ Pitman rjp at belle.apana.org.au
Wed Apr 16 16:12:39 CEST 2003

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 11:09:39PM -0400, Neal wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-04-13 at 22:27, Russ Pitman wrote:
> > I have just reinstalled my debian testing branch from scratch.
> >
> > Installed  are:	Automake 1.4_1%30.4-p6-6
> > 		Autoconf 2.57-2
> > 		Libtool 1.4.3-7
> > I get missing seperator errors when compiling dbh from the cvs snapshot or
> > from the current version from sf.net.
> >
> > Do I need later(debian unstable) versions to build xfce4 ?
> >

> I have unstable automake and libtool:
>
> neal at CigarBox:~$ apt-cache policy autoconf
> autoconf:
>   Installed: 2.57-2
>   Candidate: 2.57-2
>   Version Table:
>  *** 2.57-2 0
>         500 ftp://ftp.debian.org sid/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> neal at CigarBox:~$ apt-cache policy libtool
> libtool:
>   Installed: 1.4.3-7
>   Candidate: 1.4.3-7
>   Version Table:
>  *** 1.4.3-7 0
>         500 ftp://ftp.debian.org sid/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> neal at CigarBox:~$ apt-cache policy dbh
> dbh:
>   Installed: 1.0-14
>   Candidate: 1.0-14
>   Version Table:
>  *** 1.0-14 0
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> Also, I used alien to create the .deb for dbh from an rpm.
> --
> Neal

Thanks Neal, sorry to take so long to reply. I updated automake to the
unstable version, autoconfig and libtools are apparently current.

That  did not help. I then ran autogen.sh in libxfce4util and it failed with
the following error
-----
checking for strlcpy... no
./configure: line 8960: syntax error near unexpected token `GLIB,'
./configure: line 8960: `  PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GLIB, glib-2.0 >= 2.0.0)'

------
I have libc6-dev 2.3.1 installed in a freshly installed system
also libg2-dev both from testing.
I would very much like to see a list of software with perferred versions
needed to build the cvs releases.

Could someone please post here or perhaps on the resource page ?
    ##Later##
Ok I delayed this post to try something else. Ran apt-get install lib*-dev
and got all the -dev versions of all the installed libraries.

I now get the the original missing separator error when make runs on both
dbh 1.0 and libxfce4gui and xfce4-update now doesn't error out it simply
prints the help file and quits.

Giving it best  for tonight

Cheers.
--