Build software versions

Neal nomore.office at verizon.net
Mon Apr 14 05:09:39 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-13 at 22:27, Russ Pitman wrote:
> I have just reinstalled my debian testing branch from scratch.
>
> Installed  are:	Automake 1.4_1%30.4-p6-6
> 		Autoconf 2.57-2
> 		Libtool 1.4.3-7
> I get missing seperator errors when compiling dbh from the cvs snapshot or
> from the current version from sf.net.
>
> Do I need later(debian unstable) versions to build xfce4 ?

I have unstable automake and libtool:

neal at CigarBox:~$ apt-cache policy autoconf
autoconf:
  Installed: 2.57-2
  Candidate: 2.57-2
  Version Table:
 *** 2.57-2 0
        500 ftp://ftp.debian.org sid/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
neal at CigarBox:~$ apt-cache policy libtool
libtool:
  Installed: 1.4.3-7
  Candidate: 1.4.3-7
  Version Table:
 *** 1.4.3-7 0
        500 ftp://ftp.debian.org sid/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
neal at CigarBox:~$ apt-cache policy dbh
dbh:
  Installed: 1.0-14
  Candidate: 1.0-14
  Version Table:
 *** 1.0-14 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Also, I used alien to create the .deb for dbh from an rpm.
--
Neal