xfwm bugs ???

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Apr 15 22:18:19 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 05:58, Tick wrote:

> If my cursor is over window 1 and I alt-tab to window 2, either focus will
> not change to window 2 or window 2 will raise and have focus until the
> raise timeout expires, at which time window 1 will raise and focus itself.
>  The effect is that the keyboard cannot change focus unless the mouse
> cursor is over the new, focused window.

I've got it fixed here, I need to update CVS.

> The second problem I have is that Licq will raise itself on an incoming
> message, but xfwm4 also gives it focus at that time.  The proper behavior
> is for Licq to raise itself without claiming focus.  When this happens,
> focus does not snap back to the window under the mouse cursor, even after
> the raise timeout.

I wonder what makes you think what is the "proper" behaviour... Some
people using gaim just asked the contrary a couple of months ago...

> I'm trying to figure out the xfwm4 code structure to get a better picture
> of what's happening, but I'm having some difficulty.  What does the
> TRACE() function do, and how do I enable it?  I can't seem to find a
> function declaration anywhere in the xfwm4 source.  Also, what is the
> driving logic inside the raise timeout callback system?  It seems that
> reset_timeout() enables the timer, clear_timeout() disables it, and
> raise_cb() is the callback function that's called when the timer expires.

No, the function is fine, you're not looking in the right direction :)

BTW, it's fixed, just give me some more time to update CVS.

> Otherwise, kudos on XFCE4.  I've been using 4 for quite some time after
> upgrading from 3, and it's a pleasure.  Especially since the coldsteel wm
> theme is that much closer to my favorite E theme, bluesteel. =)  The new
> iconbox is also handy for times when the window just doesn't need to be on
> the screen.  Otherwise I'm a very heavy windowshader.

Cool :)

Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>
http://www.xfce.org